CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our lil man on Holly Bush Road

As Hayden and I leave the house in a rush every morning at 7 a.m. we turn out onto Holly Bush Road which is a main road leading to the highway. Every morning, we have this tall, lanky colored gentleman who is apparently retired greeting us and every other car with a big bright smile and warm wave. And me and Hayden yell to him "Hey, lil man!" and give him a big wave and smile at him back. (don't ask me why we call him lil man when he is tall and lanky-that is just what we started calling him because we don't know his name) He walks down the road with a cane all bundled up in his coveralls to make my and many other people's day! Isn't that just awesome??!! This man's sole purpose to walk down to the end of the road to wave at all the cars! If it is raining, he isn't out and Hayden will even ask "where little man go?"I have often wanted to take him something as a thank you for making me smile each morning because it just makes my day to see him. But I find myself wondering what such a happy man that starts his day by making someone elses day possibly need...probably not a darn thing...he is just happy to be here living his life despite all the bad things that our country is going through, all the lost jobs, lost homes, and anything else that any individual faces. What an inspiration, huh??!!
We should all be like that "little man" and just be thankful for what we do have...not what we don't have or may possibly loose. Be happy and just make the best of everything as we weather the storm. It will get better...we just have to be positive and make the best of what we do have... Just thought I would share my daily inspiration that I have the wonderful opportunity to experience every day!
So, today just smile and greet who you pass by...it will make their day and yours.

No comments: