CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Soul Sisters!

If any of you know me very well, you have heard me talk about my girls. We are a group of about 8 girls that started out friends in college. We have been so close throughout the years and have remained close depite the life happenings that have taken us apart...some moved away for jobs, more college, marriage, children, etc... Yesterday, one of our girls (Meah) was in town. She just finished her thesis at Belmont University in Nashville and has been in the occupational therapy program. She is about to head off to Phoenix, AZ to do her residency at the Mayo Clinic. What an exciting opportunity she has!!! Anyway, I was able to spend the day with her and Melanie (another one of our group). We had so much fun talking about all the great memories we made in college and then just talking about what we are doing now. It is so amazing to me how we can be apart for so long then just pick up right where we left off. And even more amazing how we can remain so close yet be so caught up in our today's life. Have you ever seen the movie "Sisterhood of the traveling pants"? That is us...except we don't mail a pair of jeans all over the world. Last night, we all got together for dinner...lawdy, if there was a fly on the wall...we talked about the craziest, most embarrassing, funniest things, just like we did way back when and at one point I just sat and took it all in and realized how blessed I was to have that and how thankful we must be for God giving us to eachother. I know, I know, it is strange to hear this sappy stuff coming out of my mouth! But I have learned that you better be thankful for what you have and not take advantage of one single person or thing that is given to you. Be thankful for those who love you... Anyway, I got a little sappy last night after leaving you girls. Thank you again for the memories...one more time. I love you ole fools!

No comments: